Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Homless

Dameyon- The homeless have been around for a long time now and due to recent years of many tragic events, such as Hurricane Katrina, economic downfall, and victims of the military warfare left alone to handle the aftermath—the homeless communities are growing rapidly.

Dameyon- This family (which not so uncommon in the homeless community now) fell victim to homelessness once the economy fell. The bills begin to pile up
and work became scarce for both the husband and wife—no college for these two kids!

(Originally from Idaho came to Tucson for work.)












2 comments:

  1. Angela Farr: I really liked the story to this picture, it is heartbreaking and touching. So many Americans are going through a hard time because of the economy right now and the facial expressions captured in this photograph shows the emotions felt through this hard time. I like how there is no color to the photo because I think the black and white gives their facial expressions a more big impact of what they are going through. Also how they are sitting in the car makes it seem like they are searching for a new life which is what was said in the description of the photo. The way they are all holding each other represents how all they really have is each other. I think the photograph is very well balanced as well. How did you find this family to photograph?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is unfair of you to post pictures on your blog that you didn't even take. This assignment was supposed to be the STUDENTS posting pictures that THEY took. This photo was taken by Mary Ellen Mark in 1987, according to maryellenmark.com. The family was NOT photographed in Tucson, they were photographed in Los Angeles. If you're going to post this picture on your blog, atleast give credit to where it's due!

    ReplyDelete