Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Congress Hotel



Craig- When I think of community the fist thing that comes to mind is landmarks or historical buildings that are well known through the city or state. I think this photo captures the idea of community best, with the hometown feeling and public attraction that is given off by the people sitting outside for a meal. The sepia effect on the photo makes it easier to see past the details and view the image as a whole.


3 comments:

  1. I really like this photo for many reasons. First I really like the color of the photo I think the sepia effect really brings out the true spirit of Congress. To me the Congress Hotel is a landmark that should not be forgotten. As a composition this photo catches your eye by the majority of the photo being open space. You are guided through the photograph by the benches on the left side and then it carries the viewers eye all the way back and over to the right. Great job!
    -Nicole M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, the sepia color was a really great choice. I think it offers a better mood than black and white would have and a color photo would not have brought the right antique/aged feeling that the sepia does. I like the angle that the benches create on the right. I thought it added nicely to the composition. I have stood in that exact spot many times but never quite saw it the way your photo makes it look. I love that about your photo. You made a commonly traveled spot look interesting and different.
    -Tricia Zabowsky Section 3

    ReplyDelete